- His Majesty King Mohammed VI, Chairman of the Al-Quds Committee, Gives His High Instructions To Send Humanitarian Aid for Palestinian Population in West Bank and Gaza Strip
- Morocco-Spain: Morocco’s Clarifications Following Multiple Statements by Spanish Officials in Attempt to Justify Serious and Contrary Act to The Spirit of Partnership and Good Neighborliness
- MFA Nasser Bourita Holds Talks with His São Tomean Counterpart
Morocco Calls for Action in 'Pragmatic, Realistic and Concerted Manner' to Achieve Objectives of Silencing Guns
Mr. Jazouli recalled, during his speech, that “to stay the course of the African Union's Agenda 2063, we must work together and tirelessly for, as His Majesty King Mohammed VI said, May God Assist Him, in March 2018: “building the Africa of tomorrow, the one we are going to leave to our children” “.
The Minister Delegate added that "We must act in a pragmatic, realistic and concerted manner to achieve tangible objectives to silence the guns" and proposed three major axes to strengthen the action of the African Union in the face of the illicit circulation of small arms and light weapons and the resurgence of conflicts:
- Stop the rise of terrorism by fighting against radicalism through the implementation of the triptych "prevention, education and development".
- Fight against the illicit circulation of small arms and light weapons by strengthening national systems of traceability and the exchange of information between the services and the neighboring States concerned.
- Develop a clear and precise policy for African Union peace support operations.
Mr. Jazouli concluded by recalling that "Africa is a continent which crystallizes all the hopes and all the challenges", the Moroccan official underlined, adding that "to succeed, Africa needs the convergence of all efforts to face common threats". In this regard, Morocco is resolutely committed to participating in the success of the objectives of peace and security in Africa,
This Extraordinary Session of the Executive Council is held following the presentation by Mr. Moussa Faki Mahamat, President of the African Union Commission, of the report and the roadmap to achieve one of the key objectives of Agenda 2063, namely “Silencing the Guns in Africa by 2022”.
In the same category
The Kingdom of Morocco believes that the renewal of the structures of the African Union (AU)…
The Troika mechanism is not a mechanism for managing or proposing voicing propositions on the…
Faced with the COVID-19 pandemic, His Majesty King Mohammed VI has placed mobilization and…
The African Union (AU) and the Regional Economic Communities (RECs) must work in coherence and…